Does your child suffer from allergies? Allergy management treatments and suggestions offered by your Lawrenceville, GA, pediatricians, Dr. Anu Sheth, Dr. Christian Messick and Dr. Anna Lawson of Pediatric Associates of Lawrenceville can help you keep your son or daughter's allergy symptoms under control.
How to reduce allergy symptoms
Sneezing, runny nose, coughing, itchy eyes and other allergy symptoms can make your son or daughter miserable. Fortunately, following these suggestions may help reduce your child's symptoms:
- Pay Attention to Pollen Counts: If pollen is one of your child's allergy triggers, be sure to check the pollen count every day during allergy season. (Pollen or allergy websites often offer pollen counts.) If pollen is high, it may be a good idea to plan indoor activities that day.
- Mop and Clean Frequently: Allergens drift into your home through open doors and windows and attach themselves to your floors and furniture. Minimize the allergens in your home by vacuuming and mopping floors often. Don't forget about your furniture. Vacuum it or clean it regularly too.
- Take Off Your Shoes: Encourage everyone in your family to take their shoes off when entering your home to avoid tracking allergens throughout your home. If your pet's been outside, run a wipe or moistened cloth over it's fur to remove allergens.
- Improve Air Quality: Close your windows and doors and use your air-conditioner instead. Your AC's filter traps allergens before they can make your child sneeze. Air purifiers also offer an effective way to reduce airborne allergens.
- Change Your Clothes: Ask the entire family to put on a fresh set of clothing after spending time outdoors. Wash the clothing you wore outside as soon as possible to reduce your child's exposure to allergens.
Although these measures can be helpful, your child may still need to visit the Lawrenceville, GA, pediatrics office for allergy management. Depending on your child's symptoms, his or her doctor may recommend medications that will help relieve allergy symptoms, including:
- Nasal sprays
- Eye drops
- Allergy shots
Do you need a little help with allergy management? Call your pediatricians in Lawrenceville, GA, Dr. Sheth, Dr. Messick and Dr. Lawson of Pediatric Associates of Lawrenceville, at (770) 277-6725 to schedule your child's appointment.